Thursday, September 13, 2012

Yes! I am Latina!



Well, I want to start up this Latino World blog adventure with the basics. First, I think is important for you to know who I am and why I’ve decided to start this blog.

My name is Andrea Castellanos; I was born in San Salvador, El Salvador, Central America. I’m twenty-two years old and a junior in college. I moved to the United States two and half years ago. So, I can say I’ve had the wonderful opportunity to experience two cultures very closely. So far, so good! I'm really liking it!

I’m really excited about this blog because I am 100% LATINA! Actually, I am half Salvadorian and half Colombian. My father is Salvadorian and my mother is Colombian. I love sharing about my culture and learning about other cultures too. 

Now that I’m attending college in the U.S. I’ve had the chance to share with many about my customs. Therefore, I will be posting great information and facts about Latin-Americans and our interesting cultural traditions.

So…. Latin America!! The world of Spanish speaking people and good food and great music and cool traditions and interesting history and... more!

There are twenty countries:
Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Mexico, El Salvador, Panama, Nicaragua, Guatemala,
Honduras, Cuba & Brazil.



FYI: people in Brazil speak Portuguese!







These are all great countries full of unique cultural traditions that distinguish them from each other! I’m excited to share about it!

Here is a fact that all these countries have in common:

Latin-American families are traditionally a close-knit group. When we use the term “familia” we are not only referring to parents and children. We are also referring to our extended family; uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, etc. Which means that when we invite our “familia” to a party, we invite everyone! Families often get together to celebrate holidays, birthdays, baptisms, first communions, graduations, weddings and “just to hangout” parties to catch up with the family and create some memories.
The more the better!!! We love hanging out with the whole family! It’s more fun!

That’s Latin America 101 and a fact!

Here is a video where you can see some awesome pictures of LatinAmerican countries! Enjoy!




 Adios!


Images from Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment